“Put into perspective”
Go and meet the “Guardians of the Living” without leaving your home!
Correspondence is the custom version of Digital Travel. Its objective is to provide employment opportunities to community members directly from their homes, so that they can generate a subsistence while remaining on their ancestral territory
Adapted to your wishes, as well designed for One-to-One as for school groups, the experience requires a stable internet connection, a computer or a smartphone to live privileged exchanges.
Schedule a weekly meeting with your Aboriginal correspondent for several weeks: ask questions, learn and share to draw the world of tomorrow together. You can choose 2 experience formats of 4 or 8 hours, depending on your wishes.
1. When ordering, choose an indigenous nation and tell us what you would like to experience and learn (see themes below) .
2. We will put you in touch with your correspondent to start the adventure live. Setting up can take a few days before you receive a confirmation including a direct contact link to manage your appointments independently (and that of the interpreter if necessary!)
3. Extend your experience whenever you want with a few clicks from this page, either to continue your story or live a new experience.
Digital immersion is accessible with the following peoples (and many more to come):
- Aboriginal (Australia)
- Ashaninka (Amazon)
- Atikamekw (Quebec)
- Maori (New-Zeland)
- Maasaï (Tanzania)
- Maya (Guatemala)
- Nipmuc (USA)
- Sàmi (Lapland)
- Tahitian (Polynesia)
During our experiences, you will have the choice between:
- Receive traditional teachings
- Learn songs & dances
- Immerse yourself in tales & legends
- To move you with true stories
- Practice a language in danger of extinction
- Navigate in the heart of an ancestral territory
- Live a musical or artistic performance
- And much more!
The experiences are given in traditional local languages but also in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese or Russian. Interpreters will be available for translate into French or English (other languages possible, contact us). In remote areas without internet connection, the experiences will be prepared in advance with the communities (we will forward your special requests and questions to them). Native Immersion acts as a mediator in these experiences. A minimum of 50% of the amount is directly paid to the community of the worker, to support local projects as a priority.